- Our total economic impact in northern Vermont is conservatively estimated at $113 million annually.
- The University helps Vermont students stay in Vermont and attracts out-of-state students that often choose to stay in Vermont after graduation or come back to visit with their tourist dollars.
- In addition to our enrolled students, the University attracts 18,000 people to our region annually.
- We employ on average 700 Vermonters, including staff, faculty (full and part-time), and student workers in good-paying jobs.
Without this annual $25 million investment, northern Vermont will no longer have a residential higher education institution available for Vermonters. This will result in thousands of Vermonters not pursuing a college degree.
- We provide vital access for Vermonters pursuing higher education.
- Nearly 50% of our students are first in their family to attend college.
- 70% of our students are Vermonters and 76% of NVU Online students are in-state.
Student and Alumni Stories
Monique Priestley ’08
Monique uses all the skills she gained at NVU in her latest venture, The Space On Main, a Bradford, Vt, coworking nonprofit she founded in 2016, where she is executive director. The Space provides office amenities for makers and entrepreneurs in various fields and hosts community events.